Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Our week in Provence: 4/19/2015

4/19/2015:  I’d put A Year in Provence & Toujours Provence (Peter Mayle) on my iPad and read them on the flight over.

I’ve been having trouble w/ my back ever since I fell on ice in early March, so bought a pretty purple folding cane, but stupidly put it in an exterior pocket of my carry-on, and it must have dropped out at security.

S had made a reservation w/ Chester Cab, but the taxi to take us to the airport was 20 min late, so we were both sweating bullets.  I’d just said, 2 more min and we drive to Wally Park ($16/day, but close to the airport, compared to $6/day at the lots S favors).  How do you know there’s room, asked S, so I made a reservation on my smart phone.  S had called Chester Cab repeatedly – they kept saying the cab was coming.  In fact, they’d called a cab at the last min that had been in Media.

At any rate, we were just piling our bags into S’s car to drive to Wally Park when Chester Cab drove up, so we shifted our bags into the cab, with many reproaches for its being so late.

In fact, we got to the airport in time (w/ one hair-raising moment when a car cut in front of us), bot through check-in and security fast, and had time for me to have a glass of wine before boarding.

No comments: